jueves, 7 de abril de 2016

Oldest model on staying young

Model Carmen Dell'Orefice is opening an exhibition of works by the late fashion photographer Horst P Horst.

Self-study activity:
Watch the video and complete the blanks in the transcript with the missing words.



I just see that at a certain time we all look so much (1) ..., it’s funny. I’m Carmen Dell’Orefice. I’m a model that Horst used in 1946 for the first time.
So (2) ... to be able to really see these photographs because they are (3) ... so beautifully. It’s, it’s magical because I knew so many of the people. It’s, it’s wonderful.
Looking at somebody I knew a long time ago and I wonder where she is today because I was so proud of my long hair, which was always (4) ... ... in those days so I always felt I looked like a little boy but, of course, as an adult I, I see the (5) ... and how Horst saw me as what I would look like when I was (6) ..., and in the end he was right and I became that person.
Oh, gosh!
I was very lucky to be able to work and make money at something I enjoy doing. I wasn’t (7) .. to do anything else. I don’t know what I might have done. This is how the circumstances of my life (8) ... . I’ve always tried to live in the moment and not be somebody I’m not personally, and I brought my personal life and my artistic life together because I (9) ... ... for time and quality and age.

Key:
1 alike 2 thrilling 3 hung 4 pulled back 5 sophistication 6 mature 7 trained 8 unfolded 9 stand up