jueves, 24 de septiembre de 2015

Close to home ad

The Close to Home ad is quite predictable. In it we are introduced to six characters on a perfectly average day but their lives are irrevocably changed all of a sudden.

Self-study activity:
As well as becoming aware of the dangers involved in texting and driving, we are going to use the ad to develop our listening skills. Watch the ad and answer the questions below. The activity is suitable for Intermediate 2 and advanced students.



1 How much is the man charged for the petrol at the station?
2 What does Elizabeth, the doll, want?
3 How much is the lottery jackpot?
4 What does the woman finally agree to do?
5 What did the girl forget?
6 What does the mother say everyone loves?

31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 44... Who loses one shoe? Hmm… no dog today.
Grace…let’s do this baby girl. Say goodbye to the gang.
Elizabeth wants to come too.
Ok, Elizabeth can come, but that’s all. Come on.
Sorry guys.
Pump 7.
Sure.
(1) That will be $36. Rewards card?
Nope. You know what, give me one of those lottery tickets too. The big one.
Hey, what’s up?
Hey, so I think I’m going to skip out early and try to catch a few innings of Danny’s game.
Oh, I’m sure he would love that.
Hey, what do you want to eat tonight?
Would you eat at Mizzoni’s?
Uhh…don’t make me.
Alright that’s ok. I’m good with whatever.
Mommy…(2) Elizabeth wants some ice cream.
Well, she’s a good girl. Maybe we can get some on the way home.
Oh, Erin called. She left a message with the other broker.
Ok…so now what?
Now we wait.
Oh. Well don’t worry because we are about to become filthy rich anyway.
Finally!
(3) Yeah, lottery is over $200 million. I got a ticket so I think we’re good.
Oh…why didn’t I think of that?
Well that’s what you have me for?
[Spanish]
Stupids.
Hey, do you want me to pick anything up?
You know what? (4) I will eat Mizzoni’s, I don’t care.
Hey! Alright!
Love you.
I love you!
Mommy…(5) I forgot my crystal bracelet.
That’s ok sweetheart, it will still be there when we get back.  Ohh. (6) Everyone loves the picture I posted of you.
AT&T reminds you – It Can Wait.