lunes, 10 de febrero de 2014

Two controversial ads

Advertising has always brought about a lot of controversy. Today we are going to watch two such commercials.

The first one, after a smooth start, warns consumers about the dangers of alcohol. The second one smoothly advocates the need of fire arms.

Self-study activity:
Watch the clips and fill out the blanks in the transcripts with the missing words.



For six generations The House of Taman has created an exceptionally (1) ... experience.
It comes from carefully selected (2) ... and the purest spring water. Taman smoothness in a bottle.
But there’s more than smoothness. In (3) ... for example: In (3) ... one in five children suffer because their mom or dad drinks too much, eight out of ten (4) ... of violence in public places are alcohol related, and (5) ... Swedes are addicted to alcohol. Now, how (1) ... is that?




It’s been a long (6) ... getting here. And a lot has changed since I’ve got back. Now this is the (7) ... of my world. And my families (8) ... is my highest priority. I am responsible for their protection. And no one has the right to tell me how to defend them. So I’ve chosen the most effective (9) ... for the job.
Defending Your Nation. Defending Your Home.

Key:
1 smooth 2 ingredients 3 Sweden 4 acts 5 320,000 6 road 7 center 8 safety 9 tool