lunes, 29 de octubre de 2012

Ophra interviews Rihanna in Barbados

This is a trailer of Oprah's programme The Next Chapter interviewing Rihanna. The episode was broadcast in mid-August.

Self-study activity:
Watch the clip and answer the questions below about it.




1 Where was the interview held?
2 What were Ophra's expectations for the interview?
3 What are some of the adjectives Ophra uses to define Rihanna in the interview?
4 Where did Rihanna take Ophra?
5 What surprised Ophra on their way there?
6 When will the interview be aired?

You can self-correct the activity by reading the transcript below.

You can also watch a segment of the interview where Rihanna talks about her relationship with former boyfriend Chris Brown.



You can read a transcript of this video clip here.

You can watch an interview of Ophra with Lady Gaga on this blog post.

So I just recently came back from Barbados with Rihanna. I went there with my own ideas about who she was; watching the videos and listening to her music. I thought she was gonna be kind of a bad ass, kind of a hard edged Rocker-Pop-Woman huh, nothing could of been farther from the truth. This is who she was for me and our cameras and 100% herself. She was thoughtful.
I’m super-duper afraid of the pedestal that comes with fame.
She was very emotional
I hate this part.
She was vulnerable.
It’s amazing how lonely you can feel.
She pushes the edge. You seem to have a liking to the ‘F’ word.
She pushes the edge a lot and there’s a reason for that. And I came away really getting a great sense of who she was. After we got in the car and drove back to her old neighborhood. First of all, I was surprised that she’s such a good driver.
Driving with Oprah – Hello!
In Barbados.
And this is how you know who somebody is. How people react to them. And when we went back to the neighborhood and this reaction surprised me. Because it wasn’t like a big superstar, mega-star, pop-star had arrived in the neighborhood, it was jus Robin. As though she’d gone to the grocery store and came back. It was great. It was great to see. I hope you’ll join me for a really really get down conversation with Rihanna. August 19th 2012. It’s good.