lunes, 22 de agosto de 2011

Good neighbours

Good neighbours is a thriller released in 2010.

The action takes place in 1995, the year of the second referendum on the separation of Quebec. In the dead of winter, a serial killer is on the loose in the small Montreal neighborhood of Notre Dame de Grace. The tenants of an old apartment house must figure out who they can trust and who they can't.

Self-study activity:
This is the promotional trailer. Complete the blanks in the transcript with the missing words.



Please don't!
In a city (1) ... by fear... Should I be (2) ... for my safety? A woman should always be (2) ... for her safety. It's a nasty world. ...three neighbors...
I'm Victor, nice to meet you.
Spencer, Louise.
...are getting to know each other
Car accident. Last winter, my wife died.
Three dead and (3) ...  .
There's a lot more detail there.
Why do you think you're so interested in all this (4) ...?
When everyone is a suspect,...
Were you alone?
Yeah.
No! No, no. Louise, you were here with me.
...they'll discover that the real danger isn't on the street. It's much closer to home.
You have got a serial rapist vibe off of him?
I'm so sorry. It's (5) ...-... outside, you're coming home by yourself and I just leap out.
I saw him, walking outside that night.
I think we have a common problem, Louise: Victor.
Just moved back to town. He's (6) ...  .
Where were you last Tuesday night?
Home.
How come you didn't tell me you knew that last victim?
Wait, what's going on exactly?
You tell me.
Hi there
Do you ever like dancing?
I always like watching.
Something's going on with these people.
He's just waiting for any (7) ... to get rid of me.
I have a surprise for you.
Oh, Louise! You always wanna see the best in people, don't you?
Louise

Key:
1 gripped 2 concerned 3 raped 4 stuff 5 pitch-black 6 lonely 7 chance