miércoles, 20 de julio de 2011

Pulse of the city

A few days ago, we published an entry about the Land Rover campaign Evoque. By popular demand, here is another video in the series, Daisy Lowe on London, this time for lower level students.

Self-study activity:
Watch the video and fill in the blanks in the transcript below.


The mood of the city is really (1) ...  . It’s really vibrant ‘cause the sun is shining and everyone’s really happy and bouncy, which is a really (2) ... for October.


I love the drive across any of the (3) ... going along the South Bank. I love driving around through that part of London like around Westminster and the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. I just think it’s all so (4) ...  .

And then you get the water, too. I love being near water. I think the people in London make me the most (5) ... of the city. I think what comes out of it is such great music, and such great art, and such great films, and such great (6) ...  . I think that London it’s really a (7) ... of its parts.

When I’m ever away from my city I miss (8) ... dinners. I miss going to the park.  And yeah, I miss the spirit of Londoners when I’m away.

Key:
1 happy 2 surprise 3 bridges 4 beautiful 5 proud 6 fashion 7 sum 8 roast