martes, 18 de enero de 2011

Colin Firth's Cause Celebre

With the Golden Globe Awards still fresh on our mind this clip with the actors on The King's Speech comes in handy to practise our listening comprehension skills.

Self-study activity:
Watch the video and complete the script with the missing information in the blanks.



It was a story that ha- had to…it had to be judged well… the humor – humor is…is never an (1) ______ to – to judge perfectly. You always feel like you’re treading…treading a very (2) _______. Uhmm… cliches, stereotypes, you know…stereotypical uhm…repressed member of the Royal Family… stereotypical Australian…ahh, we ha- we…sort of avoid those sorts of things. I didn’t want it to be, uhm, a self-pitying…uhm, (3) _______ of a man. And so there were  there were  there were an awful lot of things I think I think, we…we worked very hard on...on being (4) _______ about.

I feel really…I have to take (5) ______  seriously…uhh, and, you know… shed a light on this condition in a way that I’m pleased to stay and **** what the film says very accurate… and I had been (6) _______  at how Colin Fi- Firth portrays it.

Key:
1 easy thing 2 narrow line 3 portrayal 4 precise 5 stammering 6 amazed