lunes, 13 de diciembre de 2010

Burlesque

Burlesque, starring Christina Aguilera and Cher, was released in Spanish cinemas over the weekend. This is a videoclip on which, together with some scenes of the film, you can watch snippets of an interview with Christima Aguilera and Cher.

Self-study activity:
Complete the gaps in the extracts of Christina Aguilera's and Cher's interviews.



CA: I’ve been (1) ______ about uh, actually accepting a (2) _____ in the first place, uhh… because I wanted it to feel (3) ______ about it, and I really wanted it to be the right fit. The, uhm, essence of, do you know…just how the whole burlesque club feels and how (4) _____ it i it’s like no other musical that has ever been done before, and I think that it holds its own ve- quite nicely.

CHER: I was working; I wasn’t thinking about it; I – I mean, I, I’d, I never thought that I went – oh my God, why haven’t I done a movie lately? There just was nothing. I – there was one movie that with Meryl, Mamma Mia!, but I couldn’t, ‘cause I was (5) _____. And then this guy came up.


CA: That very same day that she was putting my (6) _____on, we sat on a couch and they had to drag us to set because it was like, it’s one in the morning, we have a scene to (7) ______ , and because we were just in heavy, girl-talk mode, and, uhm it’s nice to leave this movie having found – actually, a, a great (8) ______ through Cher, in this movie.


CHER:  I tried to be there to (9) ______ her. You know? That was my (10) ______ , was to be there to (9) ______ her and if I could help her in any way, that’s what I tried to do.

KEY:1. reserved; 2. role; 3. passionate; 4. specific; 5. on tour; 6. make-up; 7. shoot; 8. friend; 9. support; 10. goal