domingo, 29 de agosto de 2010

Last words

Watch this video, where a man shows different ways of saying good-bye.



Self-study activity: Watch the video again, and complete the blanks in sentences 1-9 with the speaker's words.

1 I really should be ...
2 Let’s keep in ...
3 You’ve got my ...
4 Call me. Text me. Email me...
5 I’m late for an ...
6 We must meet ...
7 OK. I’m out of ...
8 I’ve really enjoyed ...
9 I’ve had a fantastic ...

What phrases would you use to say good-bye in the following situations?
1 You’re talking to someone on the phone. The doorbell rings.
2 You’re at a party and need to catch the last train home.
3 It’s the end of a job interview.

Get together with a friend or classmate and tell each other about some occasions in your life when you have had to say good-bye.

Key: 1going; 2touch; 3number; 4anytime; 5appointment; 6again; 7here; 8myself; 9time


(suggestions to situations 1-3)
1 I'd better be going, there's someone at the door / I'm sorry to rush off but...
2 I must go, I need to catch my bus home / I really should be going... / I really have to go now...
3 OK. This is it. It's been a pleasure. You've got my number. Call me. Text me. Email me. Anytime. Bye!

You can read the script here.

This activity is adapted from Global, Pre-intermediate, Macmillan Publishers

No hay comentarios: