lunes, 23 de agosto de 2010

Grammar clinic 001

Self-study activity:
Do the following grammar activities.

1) Are these verbs active (A), passive (P) or wrong (W)?
  1. was sent
  2. was running
  3. were given
  4. were been phoning
  5. has started
  6. is being built
  7. has been working
  8. will been doing
  9. had reading
  10. will be told
2) Which of these sentences is / are possible?
  1. I work as a teacher.
  2. I'm working as a teacher.
3) Choose the best reply, A or B:

Why do you work so hard?
A: Because I'm only happy when I'm busy.
B: Because I have to finish my report by the end of this week.

Key:
1) 1P, 2A, 3P, 4W, 5A, 6P, 7A, 8W, 9W, 10P
2) Both are correct: 1: my job as a teacher is a permanent situation; 2: the situation is a temporary one.
3) A. Permanent situation.

The activities are taken or adapted from Grammar Scan, Oxford University Press.

No hay comentarios: